working mama: one year later

i've officially been back at work for one year since my maternity leave! overall i would say it's been a smooth transition and i'm happy with the with the way things have worked out. sure, i have days where i wish i could be at home with azalea more, but i really feel like i get a good work/home life balance with my 32 hour/week schedule. i try so hard not to take it for granted because i know there are so many moms who work full time who wish they could have that option. i'm forever thankful to my employer for being flexible and letting me have wednesdays off. 

i gave a recap of my average day shortly after i went back to work, but things have changed as azalea has gotten older. my day looks more like this now: 

~ 5:50am - my alarm goes off, i jump in the shower
~ 6-6:30am - azalea usually wakes up somewhere in here. thatcher feeds her breakfast while i finish getting ready.
~ 7:10am - out the door for daycare drop off and carpool to work with karen.
~ 7:45-8:00am - arrive at work
~ 4:45pm - karen and i leave for daycare pick up. 
~ 5:30pm - arrive home with my girl (best part of my day!). we usually play until daddy gets home and the rest of the night consists of dinner, bath for azalea, laundry, and some relaxation time after she goes to bed around 7:30-8:00pm. 

i especially love tuesdays because they feel like mini-fridays for me :) one of these days i'll do a "day in the life" post of a wednesday at home with azalea.

this picture has nothing to do with the post, i just love it :) 

Comments

Happiness Is... said…
I'd love to scale back to closer to 30 hours. And would also love the husband home in the mornings, but since I work at home showering and getting dressed doesn't matter as much!
Diana said…
Yes! A day in the life post! Do it! :-)
Sarah said…
Oh I wish I could work 32 hours a week. So jealous!

Ps. I love her ponytails!
That picture of Azalea is so cute and I love her ponytails! My birthday is July 6th - so ours are pretty close. I too think you should do a 'day in the life' post - I absolutely love reading them from other bloggers!

Popular Posts