i've realized it takes me about 6 months to have enough outfit posts on instagram to do one of these posts. i have to admit, it's kinda fun to write about something other than our weekends. so hopefully you don't mind! you'll also notice that a ton of my pieces came from goodwill. you guys, the goodwill in my neighborhood is nuts. i cannot believe how nice the stuff is there. you don't even have to wade through ugly stuff, it's just all cute! which is dangerous ;) so, without further ado, here are some of my favorite outfits i've worn since last july.
1. this is my most recent outfit post on instagram. i've been seeing lots cute cranberry corduroys out there lately and decided i needed to jump on that train. i haven't owned any cords in probably 15 years, so it feels like branching out. i ordered these from nordstrom, they were on sale for $35. i honestly don't like to pay much more than that for pants, so i knew i had to really love them when they arrived. and i did! the color is so pretty, they are flattering and comfortable. sold! the cream sweater is from old navy and is starting to pill big time, so i need to find a replacement, because i love it. finally, the shoes (which i might love even more than the pants) were a $14 find from ross! that place can be really hit or miss, but these were a big win. they are the perfect blend of a bootie and a tennis shoe. they are super comfortable and i wear them pretty much any time it's not raining.
2. this cranberry cardigan (seeing a color theme?) was a goodwill find. it was brand new with the tags still on. love that! it's from charlotte russe and it definitely runs small (probably because it's meant for teens - ha). i love the curved cut of it, which is different from all my other cardigans. the gray tank is from a boutique in my neighborhood (kick it boutique). the black jeans are from gap, and while i love them, they have gotten super faded after only a year, so i might need to retire them. black jeans are the worst with fading. anyone have a brand of black jeans that keep their color?
3. this green cardigan (i love me some cardigans!) came from old navy this fall. i love the color, it's a nice and thick, and didn't break the bank. looking at this picture, i don't really love the combo of the cardigan with the flowy white shirt, but live and learn. the white shirt is from target over a year ago and the leggings are zella from nordstrom. have we talked about these leggings? they are the absolute best! i was a little scared off by the price tag (they usually are about $50), but i found this pair at nordstrom rack for $25. they are the most comfy, flattering leggings ever, and they are high-waisted. the leopard flats i ordered from jane.com a couple years ago. they are super cute, but i don't wear them a ton because they aren't the most comfortable shoes.
4. this is a pretty simple outfit, but i love it. the gray sweater is from old navy via goodwill. i've been trying to add to my pull-over sweater collection because they are so easy to wear and nice and warm in the winter. the jeans are old navy rockstars, which i definitely recommend! even if you don't think old navy jeans fit you. give them a try! they go on sale quite often. the boots i snagged for $20 at target at the end of the season last year. i get so many compliments on them and they look so much more expensive than they are! score.
5. look at me stepping up my game with a scarf. haha! i can't even remember where i got this scarf. somewhere when we lived in minneapolis. i've definitely been drifting more towards neutral-colored outfits in the last year because they look so effortlessly chic. this black cardigan is from old navy (i buy lots at old navy if you couldn't tell). the striped tee is from h&m...and got a hole in it shortly after i bought it. boo! we already talked about the black jeans. the booties have shown up in lots of my outfit posts, i bought them at h&m over a year ago and they have held up really well. they go with everything. i will definitely be getting another similar pair when they bite the dust.
6. oh look, it's me not in front of the mirror. :) i realized after i made this collage that it cropped out my pretty coral colored denim jacket. bummer! the polka dot shirt is from jcrew via goodwill. the jeans were very short-lived in my wardrobe. i bought them at goodwill and loved the distressed knees, but one day i ripped one of the knee holes while putting them on and they didn't look cute anymore. womp womp. tan booties again. and my favorite tote bag from old navy. for only $25 (at the time i bought it), it has held up pretty well. i call it my "mom bag" because it holds a lot - of snacks.
7. i like to think of this as my summer to fall transition look. i love the look of shorts with a long sleeved shirt, but it's such a short amount of time that the weather is right to wear that combo. the top is old navy (surprise surprise) via goodwill. it's a boyfriend fit top, so it's sort of wide and boxy, but i like it. the shorts are american eagle via goodwill. they are pretty tight fitting, but i can adjust the length which is nice.
8. hello coffee! ok, moving on. my striped top is bitten (sara jessica parker's line) via goodwill. i feel like i've shown it on here before. oh well. the periwinkle pants are from loft via buffalo exchange. i go back and forth with these pants. some times i adore them and sometimes i'm not feelin' them. they are sort of a springy color, so maybe that's why.
9. the downside to these small pics is that my cute teal earrings are not easy to see. they really made the outfit because aside from them, this outfit is nothing special. the teal earrings came from nordstrom rack. the shirt i already talked about in #5. the jeans are my favorite old navy rockstars ever. they don't sell them anymore and mine are starting to get really worn out, but i refuse to give them up!
10. i need to remember to have more of this type of outfit in my life this summer. i'm kind of obsessed! the gray tank is in #2 (i didn't realize i used so many pieces multiple times). the skirt is from old navy a couple years ago and honestly i was just thinking of parting with it because i never feel like wearing it, but seeing this picture makes me change my mind! i don't even remember where the orange belt came from. i have a few different skinny belts and i rarely wear them, so this is good inspiration to start again.
11. i bought this navy tank top from old navy last spring (for around $6) and it promptly got a hole in the front, so i had to retire it. the skirt is jcrew via goodwill. i love this skirt (the color and the style), but the hem started coming undone at the bottom and it's a linen skirt, so i need to figure out how to fix it by summer. i wore these cognac sandals allll last summer. they are from old navy. i will definitely be wearing them again or getting new ones if they are falling apart.
12. this last picture is just filler for fun ;) it was from my birthday weekend last summer when i had a little shopping date with myself at buffalo exchange. the chambray top i'm wearing is old navy via goodwill, but it's super old and practically white now. i really need a new one because they are so versatile. of those dresses on the right, i bought the pink lace one with short sleeves. i have yet to wear it, though. maybe this spring or summer. it would be really cute for a wedding, but i don't go to many of those these days.
so, there we go. see you again in another 6 months, outfit post :)