back to the routine, rest in peace bob z, flu shots

last thursday morning i found out that our beloved "bob z" passed away in minnesota. he was 96 years old and had lived in an assisted living senior building for the last few years. we have gone to see him every time we are home and we knew his time was coming soon, so it wasn't a surprise, but still hard knowing i won't get to see or hug him again. he's been in my life since i was in middle school. my mom's dad died when i was 11 and bob started dating my grandma a few years later. we've all adored him from day 1. they got married the same year as thatcher and me. he was present for so many milestones of my teenage and adult years. he was such a special man and i will miss him dearly. 


with newborn ashford in 2013

friday night we made dinner and watched a movie with the kids. saturday morning azalea had a soccer game at salmon bay field. our whole family went for the first time all season ;) ashford and the other younger siblings spend the whole time on the playground, so he loves it. the girls won their game, 2-1. wahoo! 

 

in the afternoon the kids played with the neighbors then i took them to bartells to get our flu shots. they were nervous and talked through every part of the process with me, but they were really brave when the time came. getting a treat after sure helps sweeten the deal. 


 saturday night we made homemade pizza and watched another movie. sunday we had no plans. we lounged around, the kids played with the neighbors, and we grocery shopped and went to the library. 

 

her hair is getting so long!  

 

he asked us to turn his bed this way. it used to stick out from the wall.  

 

ashford colored this picture for me because he knows i love christmas :) 

Comments

I loved rearranging my room as a kid, so I am with Ashford! I'm sorry to hear about Bob's passing, even when you have some warning it is still hard to lose someone.

Popular Posts