what i read in 2023

my yearly reading goal is 50 books and this year i read 54. that's my most ever! (last year i read 52). here are my top tips for reading a lot of books in a year: 

1. i use the goodreads app to track the books that've read and want to read, including getting recommendations from other people on there. 

2. i always keep my current book nearby (i.e. not next to my bed unless it's bedtime). during the day i read 5 pages here or there while waiting for water to boil, while waiting to leave the house, etc. my goal is to read 50 pages/day, but that doesn't always happen. and sometimes i'm able to read more than that. 

3. i always have my next book in my possession or on hold at the library. that way i never have days where i don't have anything to read if i finish my current book. and on that note, i always start a new book the same day i finish my last one...unless it's super late. :)

i prefer fiction over non-fiction, but i've been upping my number of non-fiction over the years, usually memoirs. this year i read 10 non-fiction and 44 fiction. the books i rated 5 stars this year were: going there, the forest of vanishing stars, love the one you're with, romantic comedy, the hating game, red, white, & royal blue, the midnight library, the warsaw orphan, it starts with us, my story. 

 january 

 
february 
 

 march
 

 
april
 

may
 


june
 


july 

 
august


september



october


november


december


bring on 2024 and ~50 more books! 

Comments

Popular Posts