currently: fall is here

happy first day of fall! while reading my september blog archives from the past 13 (!!!) years, it always reminds me that i like to do one of these posts every fall. i think of it as a snapshot of september 2023 thoughts floating around my head. :) 

right now i'm currently...

appreciating: that school is back in session. the flexibility of summer is fun, but i honestly prefer a more set schedule for our family. when i have time to do my work, get groceries, go to the gym, and breathe a little, then focus on the kids when they get home, i feel much more balanced in life. we've also been having beautiful weather and clean air lately (knock on wood). i know the gray, rainy days are coming, so i'm making the most of this weather. my mom is also visiting, which always makes me happy. 

looking forward to: a lot of things! in the short term, i'm looking forward to going to minnesota in october for my cousin austin's wedding. i'm also looking forward to a girls weekend in ocean shores with friends at the end of october. we already booked our annual new years getaway for our family because places seem to get booked up so far in advance now. we're going to ashford, washington (gotta love it!) and staying in a cabin for 3 nights. i'm secretly hoping for some snow while we sit outside in the hot tub. finally, i'm looking forward to more progress being made on our sumas property. hopefully a driveway will be going in before winter. 


wearing: since it's still pretty summery weather here, i've been wearing shorts/pants and tanks/tshirts. i've bought a few things for fall that i'm excited to wear. i went to marshalls one day and all of the fall clothes were calling my name. i got a pair of brown, cropped corduroys (haven't had any of those in a few years), a brown short sleeved sweater, and a gray floral print sweater. 

reading: i'm making good progress on my reading goal for the year. i just finished my 40th book (my goal is 50). this month i read 'the paris library'. i love WW2 fiction, but hadn't read any for a while. the book was good, but not one of my favorites ever. i also finished 'lost is shangri la' which my mom borrowed to thatcher and then i read it. it was super intersting! now i'm reading 'the good sister' by sally hepworth. 

watching: a new season of 'call the midwife' came out on netflix as it usually does in the fall and i flew through it. that show never gets old for me. it's one of my favorite shows of all time. i cry during every episode. keep it coming! my comfort nostalgia show at the moment is 'home improvement'. it was another favorite from childhood. i've already indulged in a couple favorite fall movies (you've got mail and when harry met sally) and i'm looking forward to more seasonal favorites.

eating: i'm excited to start using the crockpot more often and making some cozy favorites, but it just doesn't feel like it's time yet. maybe next week! chuck roast with potatoes and carrots, and ginger tumeric soup are among my favorites to make when the weather cools down. thatcher has already made us apple crisp once and he's going to make it again for my mom this weekend. 

Comments

Popular Posts