currently: fall talk

i feel like it's been forever since i've done a non-recap post, and i miss them, so here we go! 

right now i'm currently...

appreciating: our new fall schedule and the hours during the week it allows me to do work and other things i need to get done, as well as giving me a parenting breather ;) and more importantly, i'm appreciating my health. the pastor at my home church in edina, mn passed away last week after suffering a heart attack. she was only 40 years old and had 3 very young children. it's been weighing heavy on my heart :( 

looking forward to: where do i begin? so many fun things are happening this fall. my mom comes into town next week, and then thatcher's dad comes in october and his mom at the end of november. in addition, thatcher and i are going on an overnight to port townsend while my mom stays with the kids. my mama friend group and i are going to whidbey island for a weekend in october, and i bought tickets for the kids and i to go to florida in february to stay with my mom for a week! we haven't been there in almost 4 years and i cannot wait (only thing i'm not looking forward to is the 6 hour plane ride. yikes!) and the fact that we won't be going to minneapolis this december. 

the rental on whidbey island. doesn't it look amazing?! i cannot wait!

wearing: i've been pretty excited to pull out my fall/winter clothes. of course some long-sleeved things i've worn this summer, but some of my sweaters are getting wear now and it's fun to feel like i'm wearing "new" stuff. in terms of actual new stuff, i've added some versatile pieces to my wardrobe like this sweater and sweatshirt from old navy. 


reading: i just finished re-reading a book that i bought (i don't often re-read books). little earthquakes by jennifer weiner. i've owned this book for close to a decade and i hadn't read it in many years (maybe since before having kids?) which is funny because it's all about first time motherhood and i loved reading it again. now i'm checking another elin hilderbrand book off my list - summerland. my goal is to read all of her books and i'm making good progress. i'm on my 14th book and have 8 left to read. 


watching: aside from 90's kids movies...ha...i've been itching to watch some seasonal movies (*cough cough* christmas). but i haven't indulged yet. thatcher and i are slowly making our way through "the office" on netflix. i've seen most (if not all) of the episodes but it's always fun to re-watch them. my friends make fun of me because i have zero interest in watching any new series. 

eating: this time of year also makes me want to eat all the comfort food! i want to bake pumpkin and apple treats and use the crockpot. maybe i'll find a good pot roast recipe to make soon.  

Comments

Popular Posts