my mom's visit & memorial weekend

my mom's visit has flown by! that's probably because we've been doing so much fun stuff. the weather has been pretty gloomy and cool for the past 2 weeks, which was a bummer, but it's finally getting nice again. thatcher has been sick for most of the time my mom has been here. so, he has been spending a lot of time at home resting, but managed to come out with us on memorial day. our family friends kathy and garry drove up from portland for the weekend, it was nice to spend time with them again! my goal was to do different stuff (than last time) with my mom and i think i did a pretty good job. we also went to lots of new restaurants i've been wanting to try. here are a bunch of pictures from the week: 

the kids roped grandma into lots of games and craft time at home. one morning we took a ride on the monorail (followed by a trip to the children's museum)


 we went to gasworks park


we took a ferry to bainbridge island with kathy and garry



we walked to the locks (obviously that's not new)


my mom, kathy, garry, and i had a nice dinner at chinooks at fisherman's terminal


on memorial day, my mom, thatcher, the kids and i went to richmond beach in shoreline. it was a beautiful morning!







finally, last night my mom and i met up with two of my friends and their moms who were also in town (well, one just moved here). we had margaritas and appetizers at a mexican place in our neighborhood and it was so much fun! 


it's been a busy week! i can't believe we will be in minneapolis in a little over a week! 

Comments

Becky said…
Sounds so fun - all of it! Can't wait to see you guys soon.
Becky said…
Sounds so fun - all of it! Can't wait to see you guys soon.

Popular Posts