i'm trying my hardest to keep my blog updated, but life has been getting in the way of that, so i thought i'd do a list-style post of things that have been going on around here this summer:
1. wading pools and splash pads - we've been all about them this summer! we probably go to one 4-5 times/week. in my opinion, it's the best form of entertainment in the summer. it's free, it cools you off, and it gets azalea's energy out :) a couple weekends ago we went to the wading pool by our house with our friends becky, jeromy, and their daughter linnea. azalea and linnea had a great time! we also went to the splash pad in st. louis park with our friends sara and lydia last week, but i didn't take any pictures.
2. a baby shower - i have quite a few friends who are having babies this summer/fall. my friend kris is due around labor day and her baby shower was this past weekend. it was "children's book" themed and the hostesses served foods from the various books (the very hungry catepillar, green eggs and ham, etc). super cute and creative! she and her hubby jon are keeping the sex of their baby a surprise, i can't wait to find out what they are having!
3. ice cream - i'm always about ice cream but i'm downright obsessed in the summer. i probably eat it 3-4 times/week. yikes! if we are talking store bought, talenti gelato is my recent obsession. it was also my "favorite thing" contribution for my party. we also like to hit up the frozen yogurt places around town and make fun creations with all the toppings. finally, since my neighborhood likes to feed my addiction as well, there was a free ice cream social down at the park a couple weeks ago with sebastian joe's ice cream. azalea wasn't a fan at all ;)
4. the sickies - the sickies took over our house this weekend :( the only thing worse than being sick, is being sick in the summer. thatcher and i have been spared (so far), but azalea has a little cold and ashford has a big cold, and had a fever for the better part of the weekend. poor little man! thatcher and the kids were supposed to go to our friends nate and missy's son cameron's 4th birthday party on saturday (while i was at the shower), but they had to cancel. we also had to cancel a get together with some other friends last night. such is life!
5. i've talked about the being home more aspect of my new work schedule, but i haven't talked about the work part too much. i've been in my new position (basically, office manager) for about 6 weeks now and it's going pretty well. i'm still learning all my new responsibilities (and trying not to make too many silly mistakes). it's weird doing something totally different than i've done for the last 8 years, but i like it. the only downside is that i feel like i have way more work to do than time to do it, which is stressful. i hope it'll get better once i'm fully used to the new job (and don't have to take pump breaks anymore), but right now i feel like i'm going 1000 miles a minute trying to get through my 'to do' list while i'm there. i sort of miss having time to catch up with co-workers, go out for lunch occasionally, etc. but it's worth it!