ashford's baptism on mother's day

sorry for the delay in posting this (like you actually care - ha!). i forgot my camera at my aunt's house over the weekend, so i had to wait until last night to write this up! #bloggerproblems

moving on...sunday was not only mother's day, but also ashford's baptism day! azalea was baptized 2 years ago on mother's day, so i chose this day again because i loved it. he was baptized at our current church, which is the same church i grew up in. in fact, our pastor has been there since i was 4 years old and married thatcher and i almost 7 years ago. i asked my cousins jenna and austin to be ashford's sponsors. they happily accepted :) the service was really nice - ashford fell asleep in my arms shortly before the baptism. he started stirring when i handed him to pastor erik and then really woke up when he got water trickled on his head. haha. 


 my handsome boy in his cute outfit

azalea was a bit of a handful during the ceremony....if you can't tell ;) 

ashford with his sponsors

everyone is looking - it's a miracle! 

all of us with pastor erik

after the ceremony, we all headed to my aunt and uncle's house for lunch. i asked my aunt if she would be willing to host if we brought the food. my house only fits about 6.2 people comfortably, so i was grateful she was willing to let us crash her house. it worked out really well! 

ashford and my bff kelli

the gang getting food....thatcher's family and my family. it was fun to all be together. 

the baptism was really the focus of the day, but thatcher and azalea picked out some pretty yellow tulips for me and i have an outdoor blanket (with waterproof underside) coming in the mail. also, ashford and azalea made these for me at daycare. cute, huh? :) 


i can't believe my 4th mother's day is in the books. time flies!

Comments

Becky said…
Looks like a great day!! The kids' handprints are even cuter than I was imagining from what you described.
~Dawn~ said…
What a beautiful day! Congratulations to Ashford!! And Happy Belated Mother's Day to you!
ajs {of MN} said…
what a great day of celebration!
Such a special tradition! Looks like a wonderful way to celebrate Mother's Day.

P.S. I love how colorful your church is!

Popular Posts