do you remember this craze on facebook? i sure do, but what i can't believe is that it was four years ago already. how is that possible? four years ago, i had been married 1.5 years, had been living in our house for a little over a year and it was just the two of us. my friend diana had the brilliant idea to do a blog post revisiting her 25 random things from 2009. i thought it would be fun to do the same. so, here it is! copied and pasted it right from facebook, and added some comments and pictures from that year :)
25 Random things about me...
1. I am left handed and so are roughly half the people I work with. i think this is still true (obviously i'm still left handed). we've had people come and go, but there's still a big percentage of the company that are lefties...
2. I have been to 34 states and 4 countries (England, Italy, Mexico, and Canada). I'd love to visit more! the country part has not changed...and i don't think the state part has either, sadly. hmmm. i did go to vancouver though, which was a new providence in canada for me!
3. I lived with my roomate Heidi for all 4 years of college. sure did! and my other roomies i lived with for 3 years. still keep in touch with them all. so glad they are in my life!
4. I drink, but I've never taken a shot before. this still holds true! i would be shocked if it ever changes at this point. haha
5. I biked 40 miles in Florida this week. i know we will do some biking when we are in florida, but i'm not sure if it will be that much. way to go, old melissa!
6. I am in bed by 10 most nights (even weekends). this is even more true now that i'm a mom. my head can't hit the pillow soon enough!
7. I've seen every episode of Full House (and have most of them memorized). haha, i love that i included this. i haven't watched this show in sooooo many years. i may need to change that.
8. I played volleyball for 7 years, danced for 5, and did karate for 4 growing up. yep! i liked some of those more than others ;)
9. My dad's whole family lives in New Jersey. they still do. we visited them last may. i wish we could see them more often!
10. My husband is the only guy I ever dated. i used to be embarrassed by this, but i think it's kind of sweet now.
11. I think I work for one of the coolest companies in the world. absolutely still true. this june i'll have been with my company for 7 years. wow!
12. I sometimes regret that I stopped learning Spanish after my freshmen year of college. i guess this still rings true. i can't say that i need it in my every day life, but it would be nice to know.
13. Thatcher and I both have grandpas with the same names (Norman and George). yep! love this tidbit of info. sadly only 1 of the 4 grandpas is still alive.
15. My dad retired last summer at 53 and I would love to do the same at that age (yeah right!). my dad was so lucky to retire so young. i especially think this now, considering his health.
16. I played with Barbies and dolls until an embarrassingly old age. oh yes, i did. no shame. i will be a sad mama if azalea doesn't like dolls.
17. I love holding sleeping babies (or any baby that isn't screaming). funny to think this was written before i was a mom. i do still love holding babies, especially my big baby ;)
18. I've developed more fears than ever in the last few years (flying, alligators, etc) :) it's true...i'm a huge worrier. i try hard not to let it get the best of me, but i still struggle.
19. I've known my best friend since we were babies. so thankful she's been in my life for so many years!
20. I love celebrity gossip (Perez Hilton, especially). i still keep up some with celebrity gossip, but not as much as i used to.
21. I've always wished I had curly hair. still true. although now i have azalea's beautiful curls to get my fix.
22. I have so many dreams for our house, but worry we'll never have the money to do them. oh man, this hasn't changed a bit. i still feel like we don't have the money to do any large projects that we've dreamed of for years. oh well, we travel a fair amount, so i shouldn't feel too sorry for myself.
23. My wedding dress only cost $210 and I'm damn proud of that :) still proud! it was also the first dress i tried on and it fit perfectly and didn't need any alterations.
24. The first concert I ever went to was Christina Aguilera at the State Fair. good times! that's the only time i ever saw her in concert, but i remember it was a big deal. it was in high school.
25. I HATE running. true story! i don't run unless i'm being chased :)