spring concert fun

i have loved going to concerts ever since i went to my first one in high school. (which was christina aguilera at the minnesota state fair). ha! actually...my parents took my brother and i to a manheim steamroller christmas concert was i was in about 4th grade, but christina was my first real concert :) i'm definitely more of a fan of concerts in smaller venues rather than sports areas. much better acoustics and there's something to be said about not having to use binoculars to see the artist's face! 

i think i only went to one concert while i was pregnant with azalea (which was lady antebellum with my mom). and i think i've only been to one concert since she was born. (the civil wars with thatcher. they were amazing!). 
but i've recently bought tickets for three shows this spring and i'm so excited for them to get here! i'm making up for my lack of concert going in the last 2 years, that's for sure. 

first up is of monsters and men with thatcher at the end of march at the fine line cafe. these guys are fairly new on the scene in the u.s. (they are from iceland) and i love their sound! their concert sold out really fast, but luckily we were able to find someone selling tickets online. we're paying a lot more than the original price, but not outrageous. here is their song that is getting some radio play these days: 


the next concert i'm going to is ingrid michaelson on april 21st at the guthrie theater with 3 girl friends. i've never seen a show there, so i'm excited for that. i love love love ingrid. she is so fun and her songs just make me happy. i've seen her at least 3 times and i always love her shows. i can't wait to see her again. here is one of my all-time favorite songs of hers:


the last show is eric hutchinson on april 25th at the fine life cafe (yep, same week. it's gonna be a fun one!) i'm going to this one with 2 girl friends. i've also seen eric 3 times (i think?) and he is so entertaining live. (my favorite is his mash-up of r kelly's "ignition" and the temptation's "my girl") funny, right? here is his new song that's out on the radio. i dare you not to start taping your toe :) 


are any of you fans of these guys? or have any fun concerts coming up?

Comments

Kristin said…
I LOVE live music of all types! If you ever need a concert buddy....let me know!! :)
Missy said…
I'm in the same boat as you. I love going to concerts. There was a time I bet I went to 5-10 a year. Since Cameron came along I've only been to one. I need to get back into going to more. It doesn't help that Nate and I have completely different music tastes.

Popular Posts