Friday, February 17, 2012

florida vacation part 3

monday the 13th i went to the beach with my parents' neighbor/friend jenny to do yoga! a local woman leads it every morning for free for anyone who wants to join. unfortunately it was only in the low 40's that morning (but sunny!). we decided to go anyway. it was really fun. not exactly strenuous (many of the people participating were 65 or older), but you couldn't beat the location! it was only 30 minutes long, so afterward we walked a ways on the beach. it was chilly, but the sun was warm. i'm glad we went! in the afternoon my parents, thatcher, azalea, and i all went for a bike ride on the legacy trail. (most exercise i've done in a long time!) azalea slept in the trailer for a while, which was nice.

we stopped at nokomis groves (yes, again), but this was azalea's first time! we've been talking for like 4 months about how we were going to let her have ice cream for the first time when we came down here. and we did...she loved it of course.

she made some hilarious faces about the cold, but kept saying "mmmm" and demanding more. probably no more treats until her first birthday now :) we made dinner and watched bridesmaids this night.

tuesday the 14th (valentine's day!) my dad and thatcher got their girls some pretty roses from the grocery store ;)

thatcher and my dad wanted to take azalea out for one last trip in the bike trailer, so they did that and my mom and i stayed home and caught up on glee.

after lunch we all went to the pool for one last dip. we had to return the trailer to sarasota this day, so my dad, thatcher, and i took a little trip up there and afterwards walked around downtown and the waterfront. my parents made us a super yummy steak and shrimp dinner with key lime pie for dessert. yum! thatcher and i aren't big valentine's day people, so spending it with my parents was not strange :) we watched a movie and tried not to think about going home the next day. 

wednesday the 15th was leaving day! our flight was at 12:30 and the airport is an hour away, so we didn't get to do much besides finish packing and hit the road. azalea's only nap was for 20 minutes in the car, so we weren't sure how she would do on the plane this time. she was a little crazy/energetic for the first 45 minutes or so, but then settled down and slept on me for an hour and a half. big relief! the other awesome thing was the plane wasn't very full, so we got a row all to ourselves.

so, as you can tell from these never ending recaps, we did a lot of fun stuff down there, but i have to be honest...traveling with a baby was one of the most exhausting things i've done in a while. the plane stuff went pretty smoothly, but she had sort of a hard time adjusting to her new surroundings when it came to sleeping (she woke up in the night and around 5:00 am we are so not used to that!). and although we had 4 adults to watch her, it was still an enormous amount of work since she is pulling up on and getting into everything these days. rip to the days of laying out by the pool with a good book. but it was so worth it to have all these new experiences with her. i can't wait to go back! 


Chrissy said...

The trip looks like it was a LOT of fun! And the plane photos of Azalea are priceless!

Happiness Is... said...

Looks like it was a blast!

Missy said...

Sounds like you guys had a good time. I found the hardest part of bringing Cam to Florida was him being out of his routine.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...