i don't like to go more than a week without blogging, so here i am, checking in. i haven't had much to write about lately. weekdays are pretty much the usual routine around here and i haven't been good about taking pictures. this weekend we are going to an apple orchard with our friends and their 2 kids, so i can guarantee there will be lots of cuteness to share! for now, some bullets:
- last sunday i took azalea to the first day of lambs group (0-3 year olds) at church. there were lots of kids there, including lots of other babies (there is a serious baby boom at my church this year!). it was fun to meet them all and their parents. i'm looking forward to spending more time with this group.
- my parents are leaving today for 2 weeks on a trip to the pacific northwest. i'm excited for them, but i have to admit, i'm going to miss having them around. azalea and i see them almost every wednesday. it's funny, they are freaking out about not seeing her for 2 weeks, but they know it's just practice for when they go down to florida for most of the winter. not sure how they are going to handle that one :) we are really hoping to go down for a visit in february, but plane tickets are ridiculous right now. hoping the prices will come down...
- we are dog sitting our neighbors' yorkie/maltese mix, chester this week. azalea is really paying attention to him these days, watches him run around the house and often giggles. it's pretty cute.
- we made a super yummy peanut butter apple crumble with blueberries over the weekend for a party. it sounds a little strange, but i swear, it was amazing!
- i made a new blog banner last night. if you are on google reader, pop over and check out my mediocre design skills :)