babywearing 101

last night we tried out the moby wrap for the first time. every time i've thought about trying it out i've been alone with azalea and it's definitely not something you can do by yourself very easily (at least at first). the wrap is basically one looooong piece of fabric that you wrap around yourself a bunch of times and then tie. the little booklet it came with showed lots of different examples. once we got it all wrapped around me and azalea inside, she fell asleep in about 30 seconds. i loved having her so close to me while she slept, yet having my hands free to do exciting things...like dishes :) it also reminded me of being pregnant a little bit. all that weight hanging off your front. ha. i think we'll get a lot of use out of the moby! 


Comments

Anonymous said…
That is so wonderful that Azalea falls right to sleep in the Moby!! I tried ours out a couple weeks ago, but after I had it on me I stood there puzzled thinking about how to fit Rosemary in it! I am encouraged by this post and I will try again when someone is home so they can help! What a blessing a thing like a baby wrap can be- free hands!!!! :)
Glad you guys had a great date night, too!!
Yeah, I've since put her in myself a couple times and while it's possible, it's MUCH easier to have someone else help. Her feet always end up sticking out awkwardly. Lucky for me she still manages to fall asleep though. ha!
Kristi said…
Baby wearing rocks! Love this picture!
Cedar said…
It gets easier. Give it some time and you'll be able to whip that thing on (and position Azalea) in practically no time at all.

Popular Posts