happy 2 months, azalea! i can't believe how fast the last month went. definitely faster than the first month (which was also pretty darn fast!). we are having so much fun interacting with you these days. you're growing so fast and really starting to show your personality.
here are some details about you at 2 months:
- we don't know how much you weigh right now because it's been a while since your last doctor's appointment, but you go back on june 7th for your 2 month appointment, so we'll update this then along with your length (when do we start calling it height?)
- you are still wearing size 1 diapers. we do disposables at night and when we go out and we started you on cloth diapers a few weeks ago when we are home. so far so good! my next goal is to use them when we are out and about.
- you still eat about every 2.5 to 3.5 hours during the day. let's just say...when you're hungry, you're hungry! a couple weeks ago, we upped you to 4 oz per feeding (some formula and some pumped breast milk), but you still haven't stretched out your feedings any longer.
- you are wearing mostly 0-3 and 3 month clothes. you have so many outfits and pajamas in this size, but i'm determined to have you wear all of them at some point! it's a hard job, but somebodys gotta do it :)
- you love your play mat. you lay there and kick your toys and you've even started batting at them this week.
- my favorite milestone this month is that you've started smiling at us. i work to get smiles from you all day long because they are so darn cute and i can't get enough!
- you are also finding your voice. you've been cooing up a storm. my favorite is when you make a sound that sounds like a real word. also after you sneeze, you always make a little noise like "heeeee" :)
- you are an amazing sleeper at night. you've been sleeping through the night (6-8 hours) since you were about 6 weeks. when you wake up, we feed you and you go right back to sleep again for another 2-3 hours. mama loves it! we moved you into your crib a couple weeks ago and it's been going really well. we are also starting to transition you out of being swaddled and it's going well so far. of course the last couple nights you've been waking up more. haha.
- you take a few naps during the day, but not as much as you used to. you don't really have a set nap schedule yet. sometimes you sleep for 5 minutes, sometimes you sleep for 2 hours. i think you'll get on a better schedule when you start daycare.
- you always have to be moving or bounced. you let us know your dismay when we try to sit down with you. even when we are driving in the car, you will start crying when we stop at a red light. it's pretty funny, i have to admit.
- you continue to love your baths. you are so calm sitting in the warm water and give us lots of smiles. you've even taken a couple baths with mama and those are fun too!
i can't believe i only have a little over 3 weeks left of my maternity leave. i'm going to miss spending my days with you even when you are a little grump and insist on being held all day and don't let me get anything done ;) but i know daycare will be good for you. you'll have so much fun with jean and all the kids. and we'll have our one special day each week to spend together, which i'm so thankful for. until then i'm just going to enjoy these last few weeks to the fullest.
and now, here you are at 2 months:
no smiles for mama apparently :)