yesterday minneapolis got 17 inches of snow in a little over 24 hours (the most we've seen since the famous halloween blizzard of '91). metro transit buses and plows were pulled off the roads, businesses closed early, etc, so needless to say were were house bound all day. which was sorta fun :) how did we spend our day?
- woke up around 7:30 (why can't i sleep in anymore?), made breakfast
- thatcher goes out to shovel round 1
- hung out with my brother who drove over in the rapidly falling snow to watch a soccer game on espn. his drive over wasn't too bad compared to his drive home!
(were were also dogsitting chester)
- watch neighbor #1 plow our front walk (thanks bob!)
- put pork in the crockpot for pulled pork sandwiches for dinner
- watched my brother try to dig out his car from the snow and drive it through 2 foot snow drifts in our street. he finally got out and made it home. he's very dedicated to his soccer games ;)
- made grilled cheese and tomato soup for lunch. duh.
- watch neighbor #2 plow our front walk (thanks pat!)
- thatcher touches up paint in the nursery
- thatcher assembles desk upstairs in our new office/guest room, moves our bed to the other wall. i put the room back together. our bed will stay up there for a couple more weeks, then we'll move it downstairs and move the guest bed up
- clean up the house and get ready for neighbors to come over for dinner
- thatcher goes out to shovel round 2
- ryan and rebekah come over, eat yummy dinner with us, and watch a movie
- by the time they left at 10, the snow drifts had completely covered our sidewalks and it looks like no one had removed any snow all day. nice.
- we go to bed
while it was fun to camp out at home all day, it would be nice to get to leave today. i have groceries to buy, a newborn baby to meet, and we were supposed to decorate gingerbread houses with my cousins today, but i don't think that's going to happen.
happy winter! :)