my birthday and the 4th

i'm combining this fun-filled weekend into one post. i celebrated the big 2-6 on saturday. i started the day off going to free yoga by the lake. corepower yoga offers this a few times through out the summer for free. my neighbor rebekah and i are members, so we decided to try it. it was awesome! i could not get over how good it felt to do yoga outside. such a perfect start to the day. after that, some of my girlfriends and i went out for lunch at the new uptown cafeteria restaurant to celebrate.


here are liz and i before leaving for lunch.


all the girls at the restaurant: michelle, anna, me, liz, dani, and rebekah. uptown cafeteria is a really fun place. funky decor and good food! they also have an awesome rooftop deck, but we opted to sit inside because it was HOT.



that night we grilled and hung out with the neighbors (and the neighbor pups), it was really fun. i heart the neighbors :)


me with my amazing cake made by the hubs :) my 27th year is off to a good start!


yesterday we headed to annandale, mn to my best friend kelli's family's cabin for the 4th. i think i've written on here about it before, but it is one of my favorite parts of summer, hands down. do you see my dad floating out there? :) 

 
here are kelli and i loving summer!


sneaking a kiss with the hubs. 


it was such a gorgeous night last night! we grilled, had a bonfire with smores (i think i've had my fair share of those this weekend), and watched fireworks over the lake. it was SUPER buggy, but we made the best of it.


thatcher got some good fishing time. no, that's not a minnow sadly. haha!


here's some of the group enjoying the gorgeous day: my dad, kelli's mom, my mom, and kelli. it rained on our drive home this afternoon. i couldn't ask for better timing than that! hope you all had a great 4th too!

Comments

Two Little Tots said…
love the sunset picture! it is great! happy belated birthday!

Popular Posts